10) Made of durable marine grade materials to stand up to the toughest Nor'easter, hurricane or ravenous pooch.
9) Comfortable leather to keep a handle on your dog.
8) All Classic leashes have a minimum breaking strength of 3,300lbs (to 7,000lbs), not even your dog can pull that hard!
7) Doubles as an emergency preventer or sail tie.
6) Available in a range of colors to suit any dog, and coordinating collars
5) Great customer service and great reviews
4) 1% of profits will be donated to the A.S.P.C.A
3) Costs less than a trip to the vet - great value handmade products: $36-60 all with FREE SHIPPING to mainland USA and Canada
2) Hand made in the USA with locally sourced and produced materials
1) A great lead for a fair price.
Jessica Wurzbacher is a Marine Scientist, Sailor, Conservationist, and Marlinspike Artist, originally from Cambridge, England. After 10 years of global travel and 40,000 nautical miles of round-the-world sailing, Jessica landed ashore in Rhode Island with her husband and Cadbury, their crazy chocolate lab. Fair Leads were inspired by a love for sailing, for animals, and for unique high quality products that are pure in form and simple in function.
Taken most literally, the name "The Fair Lead" would make most sense to an English Sailor, a great connection to my background, however the Fairness runs deeper. My leashes are Fair in many ways, I pride myself on a Fair price, and my "Eco" line is also Fair for the environment too. The robustness and tangle-free design keeps the line Fair. It is certainly Fair to let your salty dog express his nautical style, and after all, every dog deserves a Fair lead.
Fair Lead: (Nautical) A device to guide a rope, line or cable to keep it clear of obstructions, prevent chafing or maintain it at an angle
Lead: (Nautical) The direction in which a line runs
Dog Lead (UK): A dog "leash" (USA)
THE FAIR LEAD is a protected trademark. Copyright. The Fair Lead. All rights reserved.
Handmade Nautical dog leashes & collars for all size dogs